Sunday 16 September 2012

Ambidisastrous

A while back, I thought it would be neat to start a left hand blog and teach myself to be ambidextrous. I did one prophetic doodle on some ALF note paper, then forgot about it.

Two weeks ago, I sliced a tendon in my drawing-hand pinky while trying to stop a coffee plunger from smashing (it smashed). I sheepishly asked Rosie to hop back out of the bath she'd just melted into after a tiring day of being six months pregnant, and we (she) drove to the Horsepiddle to get a couple of stitches. Three days later I was heading home again after surgery with 14 stitches and a cast up to my elbow.

So, with my hand being out of service for at least 8 weeks (baby's due in 10), I've begun left hand training again out of necessity.

Below is my first ever lefty painting, still in progress. I went huge (it's a door) to make it easier while I get a handle on my jitters. I'll update this blog as I progress. The goal is to illustrate a bunch of merchandise for summer sales in dittybox gallery, and have a left hand show.




Oil, Acrylic, Wood Gel and Spray Paint on a door.

No comments:

Post a Comment